Do you provide Video Consults for physiotherapy?
Cornerstone is pleased to provide the same expert physiotherapy care that our clinics are known for, in the comfort of your home through video appointments. We used Zoom telehealth technology to provide a simple way for you to connect with one of our experienced physiotherapists through your computer’s webcam. Call us today to get started (647) 494-4342. or Click Here to learn more.
Why Cornerstone For Physiotherapy?
- Highly educated, experienced and reputable clinicians. Our physiotherapists have a passion for physiotherapy and constantly engage in continuing education to ensure we use the latest techniques. Our physiotherapists are also involved in assisting within the University of Toronto and University of Western Ontario’s Schools of Physical Therapy as well as instructing and mentoring with the orthopaedic division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Every moment of your treatment time will be with a registered physiotherapist. We don’t employ assistants or kinesiologists.
- Longer appointment times. Our assessments are a full hour and follow up visits are 30 minutes.
- Highly respected in the local medical community. Not only are we are proud to be the “clinic of choice” for a great deal of medical professionals who confidently refer their patients to us, but many physicians, specialists, surgeons, and other physiotherapists in Toronto come to Cornerstone as patients themselves.
- For us, “patient-first” is not simply a marketing term, but the foundation behind the design of every aspect of our company. Everything from our clinical environment, our staff, and our policies and procedures have your experience with us as our first priority. In fact, if your expectations are not met, we want to know, so we can do everything we can to correct it.
What is Physiotherapy and What Can It Treat?
Please click here to find out
Does Insurance Cover Physiotherapy?
If you have extended health benefits, then you’ll likely have coverage for physiotherapy. Every plan is different, so we ask that you please check your policy carefully. For your convenience, Cornerstone is also able to bill directly to most insurers. Please contact us if you’d like to know if your insurance company qualifies.In addition to those seeking private physiotherapy, our clinics also accept patients insured through motor vehicle accident insurance, WSIB, Veteran’s Affairs, and the Interim Federal Health Program.
Is OHIP Physiotherapy Available?
In Ontario, OHIP physiotherapy is available to patients who are under 18 or over 65 years of age and/or have had a related overnight stay in a hospital. Additionally, you must attend a clinic that has a specific license to bill under the OHIP program. Our clinic does not have an OHIP license.
Do I Need A Doctor’s Referral?
You do not need a referral from a physician in order to attend physiotherapy. However, some insurance plans do require a doctor’s note in order for claimants to be eligible for reimbursement. Please check the details of your extended health insurance policy.
What Should I Bring To My First Appointment?
If you have a referral note, please bring a copy with you, as well as any relevant test results or medical reports.Depending on the area of your body being assessed, please wear or bring appropriate clothing to change in to (shorts, tee-shirt). For your convenience, our clinics can provide you with clean shirts and shorts for use as well.
If you feel your problem is related to any accessories, you may wish to bring those with you. Our physiotherapists can sometimes find it useful to analyze specific footwear, backpacks/bags, photos of your work station, etc…
We ask that you please arrive 15 minutes early to complete your intake forms.
What Happens At My Appointments? What does Treatment Involve?
Please click here to find out
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Every person, and every injury is unique, so this can vary from patient to patient. Your physiotherapist will perform a careful and thorough assessment to determine your specific impairments and then together with you, will develop a treatment plan to get you better faster. This treatment plan will outline the expectations around the type of treatment required, how often it is needed and how long it should take to recover.
Many of our site’s fabulous photos are courtesy of Kathryn Hollinrake Photography